I love cool, spring days. The sun shining, birds singing, leaves of green bursting forth. Daffodils, tulips, dandelions, and daisies blooming in neighbors’ yards. It’s such a lovely time of year. Everything that once looked dead and gloomy comes to life and becomes brilliant and full of color.
God is so good to us. He cares about every detail. I am amazed at God’s creation.
Each blade of grass.
Each leaf on the tree.
They are all different and made by God.
His presence is all around us if we but look and listen.
When is the last time we looked around us as we go to work or go out taking care of errands? Do we pay attention to the details or do we just go about our business without thinking about the beauty God provides for us?
Psalm 24:1-2 ESV says “The earth is the Lord’s and the fullness thereof, the world and those who dwell therein, for he has founded it upon the seas and established it upon the rivers.”
God wants us to enjoy his creation. He wants us to take the time to appreciate his goodness. How can we do this if we are always busy?
- Take time to sit in the sunshine- during lunch breaks or an after shift walk in the sun.
- Look at nature around us. What do we see? Take a mental note of the trees, flowers, insects, animals, people, etc.
- Give thanks to the Lord for all he has created as we look around at his creation.
- Blow away seeds from a dandelion.
- Take pictures on the cell phone or camera of the trees beginning to blossom and afterward as it continues to grow. See the changes that happen within a short period of time.
- Take pictures of flowers for the computer background.
Father God, thank you so much for all you have created. The trees are so beautiful budding and growing leaves. The flowers are full of life and color. The ants, bees, and other insects are busy gathering food. Lambs, calves, chicks, puppies, kittens, etc. are being born. It’s a beautiful time of the year when everything we thought looked dead comes to life. Thank you for showing us your love through nature. Thank you for providing for us these things to enjoy. Help us today to pay attention to the simple things of nature. Help us to appreciate all you have created. Amen.
What will you do today to appreciate God’s goodness in creation?
What other ideas have you done or will do today or in the near future to pay attention to nature? Please take time to share in the comments. God bless you.